Monday, March 1, 2021

Sprung / Brotado

Welcome to spring! 

I understand some observe a different "official" first day of spring but I have always considered the seasons to be...

March
, April, May --- SPRING
June, July, August --- SUMMER
September, October, November --- FALL
December, January, February --- WINTER

... and I frankly see no compelling reason to change this. 

re: bonus seasons

I gladly forfeited my previous state of residence's bonus season (pollen, occurring semiannually) when I moved here.

In exchange I received pan de muerto season. Some might argue that these are baked goods but I would posit that eating them make my tummy feel warmed as if by the sun. Also they are my favorite. And I miss them the remainder of the year.

I am aware that there is, in the state of Yucatán, an additional bonus season (rainy season) but I have not yet determined its exact parameters. Instead, when I do discuss it, most of the time is spent confirming that the giant Amanda/Cristobal storm was indeed freakish.

Anyhow, welcome to spring! Only seven more months until pan de muerto!

~~~~~

¡Bienvenida a la primavera!

Entiendo que algunos observan un primer día de primavera "oficial" diferente pero siempre he considerado que las estaciones son ...

Marzo, abril, mayo --- PRIMAVERA
Junio, julio, agosto --- VERANO
Septiembre, octubre, noviembre --- OTOÑO
Diciembre, enero, febrero --- INVIERNO

... y, francamente, no veo ninguna razón de peso para cambiar esto.

re: temporadas de bonificación

Con mucho gusto sacrifique la temporada de bonificación de mi estado de residencia anterior (polen, que ocurre semestralmente) cuando me mudé aquí.

A cambio recibí la temporada de pan de muerto. Algunos podrían argumentar que estos son productos horneados, pero yo diría que comerlos hace que mi estómago se sienta calentado como por el sol. También son mis favoritos. Y los extraño el resto del año.

Soy consciente de que existe en el estado de Yucatán una temporada de bonificación adicional (temporada de lluvias) pero aún no he determinado sus parámetros exactos. En cambio, cuando lo hablo, la mayor parte del tiempo lo paso confirmando que la tormenta gigante Amanda / Cristóbal fue realmente monstruosa.

De todos modos, ¡bienvenido a la primavera! Solo siete meses más hasta pan de muerto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dientes / Teeth

¿Todavía tienes mis dientes? La pregunta de G me confunde mientras miro dentro de la planta de tomate. Me vuelvo para mirarlo. Momento ¿disc...